Everyone knows we should move more throughout the day but we get caught up in errands, work, and other matters and before you know it hours have passed and we are still sitting at our desk. Studies have shown that simply moving more often throughout the day has more benefits than the most expensive ergonomic chair and desk. Move, stretch, and feel more energized.
Here are some tips on how you can sneak in some much needed movement in your day to day.
1. Set a timer, the easiest reminder to get up and stretch or take a lap around the office
2. Take the stairs. Skip the escalators or elevators and take a few flights of stairs when you can.
3. Walking meetings. Use a recorder to take meeting notes as you stand or walk instead of hunched over a laptop.
4. Drink more water. The more you drink the more you will need to use the bathroom, forcing you to get up and move.
5. Standing desks. A great way to get out of your chair while staying productive.
6. Get off transit one stop earlier. Adding a few blocks to your step count a day is a great boost that adds up over the week.
Just remember, we do a lot of porlonged postures in a day so a little bit of movement herre and there goes a long way.